- Mount LHOTSE Altitude: 8516 m (4th highest in the world)
- Program Duration : Around 50-60 days
- Program Cost : 28,000 U.S Dollars/person
- Sherpa Summit Bonus: 1,500 U.S Dollars/Sherpa
- Departure Date : 7th April. 2023
LHOTSE EXPEDITION 2023
MOUNT LHOTSE EXPEDITION
ITINERARY Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02-03: Rest in Kathmandu, expedition briefing and preparations
Day 04: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,300 m)
Day 05: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m)
Day 06: Rest day in Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Day 07: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3,860 m)
Day 08: Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4,243 m)
Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930 m)
Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5,364 m)
Day 11-50: Climbing period [Base Camp – Lhotse Summit (8516 m) – Base Camp]
Day 51: Trek from Base Camp to Pheriche (4,371 m)
Day 52: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar
Day 53: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 54: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 55: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 56: Airport Departure
The program cost includes:
1. Arrival and Departure: Airport – Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office Staffs.
4. Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Lhotse, Sagarmatha National park &TIMS permit & fee.
5. Khumbu Ice Fall Climbing charge to Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee.
6. Liaison Officer: 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
7. Garbage Management: Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
8. Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and expedition.
9. Member transportation: 1. (*Standard Route Itinerary): (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla – Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
10. Member Luggage: Up to 70 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters or Yaks.
11. Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
12. Porter: Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla& Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
13. Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
14. Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
15. Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual tent in Base Camp.
16. Base Camp equipment: At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
17. Solar panel or Generator for lights at base camp, battery charge, for laptop and other electronic devices.
18. High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 Experienced and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member.
19. Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food And Clothing.
20. Bonus: Carry Bonus of Sherpas and Route Fixing Charges.
21. Oxygen Bottle (O2): 6 oxygen bottles (4 ltrs.) for each member and 3-oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa.
22. Oxygen Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of Summit Oxygen mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa.
23. Back up Oxygen Cylinder, mask and regulator. **
24. High camp service: High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for member, High food for member, Sherpa, all climbing and cooking crew. (C1) (C2) (C3) (C4). Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
25. Satellite Phone for emergency communication carrying by Sherpa.**
26. Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
27. Certificate: Mt. Everest climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Lhotse successfully).
Note: (** refers to subjected to charge in case of usage)
The program cost doesn’t include:
1. Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
2. Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
3. Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
4. Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
5. Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation. 4. Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
6. Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking / Climbing Gears.
7. Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
8. Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa has to be paid separately after the completion.
9. Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
10. Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
11. Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.